Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world, is reiterating its pledge to increase the number of women actively participating and employed in Web3. According to the United Nations, this year’s theme is “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality.” It highlights the role of innovative technology in promoting gender equality and meeting the health and developmental needs of women and girls.
Through women-focused education and mentorship initiatives, the exchange has invested over $2 million to support women in over 10 countries (including South Africa, Kenya, and Nigeria). It will increase these efforts in the coming year.
Binance set to support women working in tech
With a greater emphasis on women-centric education, mentoring, and scholarships, the cryptocurrency exchange aims to close the gender gap in its industry. In 2022, Binance Charity contributed $2 million to fund over 36,000 Web3 scholarships for women.
In 2023, the crypto exchange will continue to fund courses, programs, and scholarships with an emphasis on women and underrepresented groups. With only 37% of crypto owners being female, education is essential to empowering more women to join the industry.
Women from Germany, Nigeria, Kenya, Brazil, France, South Africa, Australia, and Ukraine were awarded scholarships to study blockchain and crypto-related courses at universities, schools, and non-profit organizations in 2022.
The exchange’s charity arm will donate an additional $100,000 to Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency (GITA) in honor of International Women’s Day to support web3 education and training for women. Additionally, its Academy arm will supply educational materials for GITA web3 courses.
Binance intends to increase female representation in the workforce
Binance was co-founded in 2017 by Yi He, making it one of the world’s few female-founded crypto companies. Women make up less than 5% of top crypto company founders. As of 2022, there were approximately 292 female-founded cryptocurrency companies out of over 10,000 entities.
A meeting is set today for women in crypto in partnership with the exchange. Don’t miss out!!
Binance offers a variety of early career programs, such as the Binance Accelerator Program and undergraduate internships, to help diverse talent gain access to careers in crypto. Through female mentorship programs, talent workshops, educational courses, and lectures, the company also provides guidance and career advice to women on how to break into a career in Web3.
As one of the few female leaders in the industry, I believe that we have a mission, through Binance Charity and Binance Academy, to help more women understand web3 and blockchain technology [–] our education and internship programs aim to empower young women with knowledge and skills ready for industry disruption […] We believe that anyone with ideas can change the world, regardless of gender. We hope these commitments will result in more women on the front line of innovation and bring change to our industry.Yi He
Binance waivers trading fee in March
Binance Futures just launched a promotion to celebrate International Women’s Day! One can trade at least 5,000 USDT in trading volume on USDT-Margined futures and share about the women in crypto who inspire you with the hashtag #BuildTogether to participate.
Eligible users with the most likes will stand to receive up to 1,000 USDT in token vouchers and exclusive Binance merchandise. The Promotion Period starts on 2023-03-08 00:00 (UTC) and ends on 2023-03-15 00:00 (UTC).
Here are the participation details
1. Complete at least 5,000 USDT in trading volume on USDT-Margined futures during the promotion period.
2. Share your story on Twitter about the women you admire or who inspire you in the crypto space. Also, remember to tag @BinanceFutures with the hashtag #BuildTogether.
3. Lastly, submit the survey form.
The top 30 eligible users ranked by the number of likes for their story-sharing on Twitter during the promotion period will be rewarded as per the table below:
Hearken to the Terms and Conditions
1. The exchange will announce the winners on Binance Futures’ official Twitter within ten days after the promotion period.
2. The promotion is only available to users who are enabled for Binance Futures trading and may not be available or may be restricted in certain jurisdictions or regions, or to certain users, depending on legal and regulatory requirements.
3. Users are responsible for informing themselves about and observing any restrictions and/or requirements imposed with respect to the access to and use of Binance Futures trading services in each country from which the services are accessed.
4. For rewards distribution:
- Token voucher rewards will be distributed to eligible users within 14 working days after the promotion ends. Users can log in and redeem their vouchers via Account > Reward Center.
- Token voucher rewards will expire within two weeks after distribution. Eligible users should claim their vouchers before the expiration date.
- The first to third-place winners are required to fill out a designated form within one week after announcing the winners on Binance Futures’ official Twitter. If winners fail to respond, the prize will be forfeited. The form will be included in the winner announcement.
- Users will be responsible for customs fees and any other additional fees incurred to deliver physical rewards, if applicable.