Bitcoin halving in 2020 was quite a momentous occasion for the community and crypto enthusiasts. It supposedly reduced the reward for any Bitcoin block mined, hence, ensuring scarcity of the cryptocurrency. Meanwhile, it also spurred positive and negative Bitcoin price predictions.
All the bullish and bearish predictions formed the basis of this list, which is intended to highlight some of the insightful quotes from industry players on Bitcoin price prediction.
1. Thomas Lee “We’re really optimistic on crypto and Bitcoin this year. […] Whenever Bitcoin breaks back into its 200 day, its average six-month gain is 197%.”
2. Max Keiser While referring to the impact of Coronavirus on Bitcoin, Max Keiser said: “This is the global financial crisis that will catapult the price $100,000 and beyond.”
3. Hal Finney “Current estimates of total worldwide household wealth that I have found range from $100 trillion to $300 trillion. With 21 million coins, that gives each coin a value of about $10 million.”
4. Josh Rage “BTC Unpopular Opinion: The next Bitcoin peak high will not be as high as most people think.”
5. Robert Beadle “I would further venture to say Bitcoin will hit $2 million a coin in the next five years so long as the core dev team doesn’t destroy it accidentally from within.”
6. Anthony Pompliano “This [halving] will see a programmatic decrease in the incoming daily supply of Bitcoin from 1,800 per day to only 900 Bitcoin per day.”
7. Dan Morehead “If history were to repeat itself, Bitcoin would peak in August 2021 — at $533,431.”
8. Jake Yocom-Piatt “The stock-to-flow ratio is increasing substantially as a result of the halving, so that is good for the longer term price of Bitcoin.”
9. Peter Schiff “A consensus trade is crowded and usually doesn’t pan out as the crowd expects. I can’t think of a more consensus trade in #Bitcoin than being long going into the Halving, an event that is universally believed to be extremely bullish.”
10. Danny Scott “We can hope for the $100,000 region to hit within the next 12 to 18 months.