Bitcoin has seen tremendous growth in 2020. On January 6, its rate exceeded the historical maximum with a mark of $ 35.7 thousand, and since March last year, it has grown by 840%!
Against the background of the growing popularity of cryptocurrencies, the choice of a convenient and secure wallet for storing and transactions is an urgent request from users. There are a lot of services, clients, and platforms offering their services and we recommend taking a closer look at them.
Of course, the popularity and reliability of wallets such as Coinbase, Trezor, or Ledger often become the main criteria for choosing in their favor. For this reason, it is more difficult for beginners to gain this market. But, some of these popular wallets were developed back in 2011-12 and they still make their users choose between convenience and security, speed of operations, and the size of the commission. All this makes Bitcoin holders wonder, what is more important to them: to protect their assets as much as possible or to be able to manage them from any device 24/7?
In 2021 the advantages of wallets are that they often take into account all the negative experiences of their predecessors and combine all the functions necessary for users.
An example of such a young start-up is BitMarket Network Client. It is an open-source cross-platform local wallet that is currently available to all interested users and developers in the alpha version. Today it allows you to perform transactions with two types of cryptocurrency: Bitcoins and Litecoins. However, the team assures that the client will become multicurrency in the next six months.
To understand why the BitMarket Network Client wallet deserves the attention of cryptocurrency holders, the easiest way is to run through its main features:
- Comfortable U1 / UX. A bad User Experience and User Interface is what can make working with a super-reliable client as frustrating as possible. Simply put, they are responsible for the convenience of using the wallet. Intuitive clarity of functionality, the quick achievement of the user’s goal, high-quality visuals from colors and fonts to button sizes depend on the well-developed U1 / UX.
- Cross-platform. Cross-platform refers to the ability of software to work with multiple hardware platforms or operating systems. At the first stage of development, BitMarket Network Client is compatible with Win / Mac OS X / Linux, soon the client will be available for work with iOS and Android.
- Open-source client. The openness of the code indicates that private keys are not transferred anywhere and are securely stored on the user’s local device. Also, the advantage of such a wallet is an independent developers` audit and identifying of the vulnerabilities or hidden plans if they are present in the client’s source code. The possibility of influence on the client application by developers is completely excluded. Simply put, if the code is closed, then this implies a certain trust in the developer.
- Key storage security. If your account is protected only by a password, this is an extremely weak protection from intruders. Therefore, the project allows you to involve a two-factor authentication. This is an additional protection level and is the primary way to make online services secure. In addition to entering a password, you also need to enter a one-time code that comes to your mail or phone, or a fingerprint. This is how you confirm your identity.
- Multicurrency. As already mentioned, the wallet is claimed to be a multi-currency wallet and promises fast synchronization across all currencies. Amounts and total cost are displayed in fiat for each currency depending on the selected exchange rate site. This is an advantage for those who do not prefer to keep all assets in one type of currency. Nowadays, this functionality is under development.
- Mobility. The user will be able to open his wallet anywhere and at any time by a passphrase (set of words) and gain access to managing his assets. This is important for those who need to have access to their assets 24/7 to quickly buy, sell, or exchange coins.
Right now this project is attracting interested users for feedback and professional developers.